START HERE

START HERE!
If you came to my blog looking for a specific topic or area of my work, you may want to start by checking the page links above or by checking my topic list below and to the right.

Friday, May 15, 2015

Small miracles for me, my reading, and my popcorn


My small miracle. 


A couple of years ago I found a book that looked awesome! I went to Costco, bought it, and immediately started reading The Selection. I had also bought a bag of Angie's kettle corn while I was there, and found that it was a good, light reading time snack.

Well, the book was really good so I went on to the next in the series, The Elite . . .  and some more Angie's popcorn.

By the time I got to the last in the series, The One, it was obvious that Angie's and The Selection series should go together. Seriously, when I read these books I can taste Angie's Kettle Corn.

Then Tragedy Struck!

Costco stopped carrying Angie's popcorn. 

What the crud?! That happens, though. Nothing stays on Costco's shelves for long.

I consoled myself with the thought that, "At least the book series is finished, so I won't have to worry about that."

Fast forward a year or so, and an amazing thing happened! Angie's was back at Costco! New look, but hopefully the same old taste!



Woohoo! I love this popcorn. It is sweet without being too sweet, it is salty without being too salty, it is light and not too heavy for a snack. It's perfect! 

I wondered if maybe I'd just have to re-read The Selection books for old times sake. BUT NO! AWESOMENESS STRIKES AGAIN!

A fourth book in the Selection series! WHAT?!  And released at the same time that Costco starts to carry Angie's again!


It's like it was "Meant to Be."

You've got to pay attention to the little miracles!

Haha, what a crazy post this is.

On a side note, I am saving The Heir and my Angie's popcorn until I am done with the book I am currently reading. And if I finish the whole series I am in then it will take forever. Seriously, there are something like 16 books in this other series. Holy crow, right? And I tend to take my time while reading. So if you read the Heir before I do, don't talk to me about it. No spoilers! 




2 comments:

  1. I bring Angies Kettle Corn to card parties and everyone loves it. One girl told me she is going to join Costco's
    just so she could buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take Angie's popcorn to parties too! I love to buy the special holidrizzle kinds when they come out and take those to Christmas parties. Because who can resist popcorn covered in a white chocolate drizzle?!

      Delete