START HERE

START HERE!
If you came to my blog looking for a specific topic or area of my work, you may want to start by checking the page links above or by checking my topic list below and to the right.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day 2: Messages from 50 Shades

Welcome to Day 2 of "Discredit 50 Shades" and "Pro-True Love" Week. Wow that's a mouthful. 

I was just introduced to educateempowerkids.org and on it I found this article, written by a Dad. He talks about his feelings on 50 Shades of Grey and what affects he thinks it has on society. I decided to share this article for two reasons 1) He is exactly right and 2) It's written by a man, which I think gives a unique view point in and of itself. 

http://educateempowerkids.org/using-dangerous-messages-fifty-shades-start-dialogue-kids/


He raises a question that is commonly asked among the boycotting parties: Would you really want your son or daughter to be abused like this? Or, for that matter, the abuser? Because 50 Shades of Grey teaches that relationships like this are ok.



No comments:

Post a Comment