START HERE

START HERE!
If you came to my blog looking for a specific topic or area of my work, you may want to start by checking the page links above or by checking my topic list below and to the right.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Day 1: The Real Victims (of abusive relationships)

I found these accounts of domestic violence victims on blogher.com.  A friend of mine told me about this site, so I perused it and found these articles.

So many women are victims of domestic and intimate violence. They live nightmares and it is very hard, and many times unsafe for them to go public with their stories. I am grateful that these women were able to share their stories and help us to understand the danger behind abuse.

Words from the victims:

"Who Am I? A look at the Victims of Domestic Violence"

"I Survived an Abusive Relationship, But Many Women Don't"

"The Window Was My Only Way Out"

#WomensLives: A reflection of my experience with domestic violence

Warning: I cried while reading almost every one of these links.



No comments:

Post a Comment