START HERE

START HERE!
If you came to my blog looking for a specific topic or area of my work, you may want to start by checking the page links above or by checking my topic list below and to the right.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day 2: In the Theaters Now

If you are going to go see a movie on Saturday, but have joined the boycott against 50 Shades, here are my recommendations for what is currently in the theater. It doesn't even have to be a romance, all you need is a good film. I'm sure there are other good movies out, I just don't know.



"The Theory of Everything" - Some theaters still have this. I really enjoyed this movie, but it made me so mad! I'm not going to give away the ending, but I thought, "Seriously? That is how this movie is going to end? Amazing story, but holy cow!

"Black or White" - I really liked this movie. It's about a Grandpa who is fighting for custody of his Granddaughter whom he has raised for her whole life. The other Grandma wants custody as well, and this story is about their fight and interactions. I really like lots of the actors and actresses in this film. Shout out to Kevin Costner, Octavia Spencer and Anthony Mackie. I've only seen a couple of movies with the last two actors, but I've liked them so far.

"The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1" - Even though I read the books as well, the whole time I was like . . . Where's Pita? I think of him as the good guy. He might not have frills, but he's the dependable one.

"Paddington"- Cute but VERY Groan-worthy. Many times I wanted to say, What? Seriously? Eh, don't go see this one unless it's your only choice.

"Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day." - I think this one is still in Dollar Theaters. It was cute for the most part. I laughed out loud a couple of times. It had a few things in it that make me not suggest it for little kids, things that bothered me a little especially for the kids in the theater.


No comments:

Post a Comment