START HERE

START HERE!
If you came to my blog looking for a specific topic or area of my work, you may want to start by checking the page links above or by checking my topic list below and to the right.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Warm and Fuzzies

Right now I am working on an article that I am super excited about! More to come on that later. However, I will tell you that I interviewed multiple therapists from LifeStar therapy network for this article, and they gave me tons of really helpful information. One of the things I asked them about is the whole "personal affirmations" thing, On the website they suggest that both the sex addict and the spouse do personal affirmations durring their recovery.

What is a personal affirmation? I don't know what the technical definition is, but I think of them as warm and fuzzy thoughts or thoughts that boost your self esteem.

Think about the scene from "The Help": "You is kind, You is smart, You is Important."

That's one of the reasons I like to post quotes and "affirmations." 'Cause whether or not you are going through something traumatic, little pick-me-up thoughts can make a big difference in your day. Just think of me as affirmation central.

So  . . . stay tuned for more personal affirmations. :)

And Remember, "You is kind, You is smart, You is important."

No comments:

Post a Comment