START HERE

START HERE!
If you came to my blog looking for a specific topic or area of my work, you may want to start by checking the page links above or by checking my topic list below and to the right.

Monday, January 12, 2015

"Get Your Head In The Right Place"

The other day I watched the Pixar Short "Boundin'" for the first time in years. I remember when I saw  it for the first time in the theater. I thought it was a hit, and year's later I still feel the same way.

Don't know what I'm talking about?

Does this picture look familiar?



Well, anyway, the Jackalope had some very insightful and uplifting comments. My favorite?

"Now sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down. When you find that you're down, well, just look around. You still got a body, good legs and fine feet, get your head in the right place and hey you're complete!"

Here is the source of the quote:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395479/quotes?item=qt0430947


Even when you are "down," you still have blessings. Sometimes the most basic blessings are the ones that we forget about the easiest. Like the little sheep in the story that could only focus on the fact that he'd lost his wool. The Jackalope points out that he still has all of the rest of him intact and that if he can wrap his mind around that that he'll be ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment