START HERE

START HERE!
If you came to my blog looking for a specific topic or area of my work, you may want to start by checking the page links above or by checking my topic list below and to the right.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Call it what it is: a monkey...or is it an ape?



Not only do I get this song stuck in my head virtually every time I go to the zoo, it is quite educational!

If it doesn't have a tail, it is an ape. If it has a tail, it is a monkey.

Until Larry the cucumber starts applying this concept to everything: comets, cows, etc.


Which I think we all do sometimes. We try to explain others' situations by using our own experiences and knowledge. It doesn't always work.

I do this all the time with my garden. I look at other people's gardens and think, why aren't I getting the same results? I have a monkey, they have a monkey... shouldn't we both have the same thing?

No. Different soils, different gopher and vole problems, different experience levels, etc. will make a huge difference. Which is comforting to know. Your experiences will always be unique to you.


This is a cute video!


No comments:

Post a Comment