START HERE

START HERE!
If you came to my blog looking for a specific topic or area of my work, you may want to start by checking the page links above or by checking my topic list below and to the right.

Monday, April 4, 2016

Betrayal in the produce section!


I go to the kitchen and decide to eat a plum. I can't wait to bite into the plump, juicy fruit! As I go to wash it and take off the sticker, I find this!



This happens to me ALL THE TIME. It makes me so mad. I've decided that the produce companies do this on purpose. If a piece of fruit has a blemish, they'll cover it up with the sticker if at all possible. Thus my seemingly perfect snack is actually mushy and sick looking.

People do this to themselves all the time too. We naturally want to cover up our flaws and imperfections so that we seem as perfect as possible. 

But there is not flaunting your trials, and then there is covering them up to try and trick someone.

I've been betrayed by a plum!

But don't worry, not all is lost. The produce section isn't completely out of hope. I'll be more careful in the future, that's for sure. Maybe check under the stickers from now on. But a lot of good plums come out of the produce section too. Not all plums have a mushy spot under their sticker.






No comments:

Post a Comment