START HERE

START HERE!
If you came to my blog looking for a specific topic or area of my work, you may want to start by checking the page links above or by checking my topic list below and to the right.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Happy Monday / the simple things make us happy/ Calamity Jane!!!!!




I thought I'd wish you a happy Monday with this awesome song! (warning: If you know this movie, spontaneous singing may occur. It's that awesome.)

This is one of my favorite musical numbers ever. In this scene from "Calamity Jane," Calamity just got home from Chicago to her small town of Deadwood City. She sings about all of these new and different things that they have Chicago, but in the end she'd rather be in Deadwood. 

Because, while all of those fancy things were fun to see, it's her life in the wild west's small town that makes her happy.

On a side note, I used to work at a store that had a long, wooden counter in it. Cowboy hats lined the wall behind it. Every time I would walk into the store this song would go through my head. So, pretty much every day for the entire time I worked there.





No comments:

Post a Comment