START HERE

START HERE!
If you came to my blog looking for a specific topic or area of my work, you may want to start by checking the page links above or by checking my topic list below and to the right.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

What?!!!!! But you're pretty much perfect!

Every once in a while I will log into facebook and find that a friend has posted a very personal status discussing how they feel about him or herself. These friends have talked about their self image, their weight, their confidence, their happiness, their ability, etc. Lots of these types of posts start out with them saying that they've been struggling for so long with...

Like,

I've been struggling with... 

...my self esteem 
...my confidence
...my self image

I've lost count of how many times I've seen these posts and said, "What!? THAT person has been struggling?!" If only they could see themselves how I see them.

The prettiest girls have issues with their self image.
The nicest girls worry about what others think of them.
The succesful go-getters have issues with their confidence.
There are those that notice their weight when nobody else does. 

Sometimes I want to call the friend up and say to them, "What's your problem? What are you whining about?! You're pretty much perfect!"

Ok, maybe not Perfect. But these people are WAY to hard on themselves. We really are our own worst enemies. And while it is very very true that we all have things to work on, it kills me that these friends of mine can't see themselves through everyone elses eyes. 

It just goes to show you that EVERYONE is dealing with stuff. And usually they are too hard on themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment