START HERE

START HERE!
If you came to my blog looking for a specific topic or area of my work, you may want to start by checking the page links above or by checking my topic list below and to the right.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Small flowers, Big gesture



My mom and I found these sweet, pretty flowers in the car the other day after taking it in for an oil change. I go to this place frequently, and this is the second time that the men there have left me a flower, tucked into the air vent.

I thanked them before climbing into the car, and they acted like it wasn't a big deal.

But it is a big deal. Because it brightened my day. There is a special feeling in having someone do sweet gestures like this. It's like a recognition that you are worth a flower. And these are strangers to me, people who don't know me. This was solely someone taking a moment to send the message that they care. Not about me, because they don't know me. But about me as a person. Everyone deserves to be treated like this.

Amazing what one small flower can tell a girl, eh?

I want to find ways to do this myself. What can I do to let complete strangers know that I care? What can I do to brighten someone's day?

What small thing can you do to make a big difference to someone else?

If you have a similar story where the small actions of someone else made your day, please share it!


No comments:

Post a Comment