START HERE

START HERE!
If you came to my blog looking for a specific topic or area of my work, you may want to start by checking the page links above or by checking my topic list below and to the right.

Monday, November 7, 2016

True Story: Would you like to pet the bee?



My cousin and I decided to meet at a local garden. We thought the kids would love to see all the pretty floral designs. Personally, I like to feed the fish in this garden's pond. But that is for another post.

At one attraction, where the flowers are planted around a fake carousel, the kids all stopped to admire a cute little bee on the flower. Specifically, the bee pictured above.

My cousin crept close and asked the kids if they wanted to pet the bee.


She was serious! Apparently this wasn't her first encounter with bees and she knew what to do. She reached forward, and gently pet the bee. 

I remember holding my breath, sure that she was about to get stung. Luckily, she didn't. 

Of course I was amazed. I mean, seriously? How can you pet a bee and not get stung?

I thought about being bold and just going for it. How cool would it be to say that I pet a bee? Unless, of course, it stung me. In which case it wouldn't be cool. It would be embarrassing, in fact.

Someone: "Hey Jenelle, how'd you get stung by a bee?"
Me: "Oh, you know, I tried to pet it."

Super embarrassing.

We all know someone that seems to have superpowers. They can handle or accomplish things that you would look at and think, "I couldn't do that," or "I couldn't handle that." And that's OK. We all have our strengths, and my strengths are different than yours. It's OK for us all to have different super powers and weaknesses.

What seems easy to one person, may seem hard to someone else. Like how my cousin could pet a bee and I froze, unable to accomplish what she made look so simple.

Someday I'll tell you about my other cousin and her wild tarantula powers. Again, true story. And again, not a super power that I have. But that is OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment