START HERE

START HERE!
If you came to my blog looking for a specific topic or area of my work, you may want to start by checking the page links above or by checking my topic list below and to the right.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Ideas to start forgiving your spouse

Do you have a hard time forgiving others? Or does it come easy to you?

Note: forgiving someone does not mean that you turn a blind eye to the situation. And it does not mean you ignore actions. If someone held up a store, the shop owner could forgive them and at the same time try to get a court to order the robber replace what was taken/damaged. And if someone is an abuser, their victims could forgive them and at the same time get a restraining order. 

A while ago I had someone ask me if it had been hard to forgive a person in my life who had done some serious things. Repeatedly. My answer was no. 

Why? Lots of people have a hard time forgiving others. Especially when they've done something serious. So why was it easy for me to forgive?

Because of a couple of reasons 1) I wanted to forgive. I knew that it would help me heal personally, and I knew that I should forgive. So, I wanted to.

2) I felt bad for this person that made these mistakes. Sure, it was their choice and it was their decision. But I felt bad for all the pain he was causing himself.

3) Grudges aren't worth my time. 

Last Friday I had an article come out on KSL.com, titled: 5 ways to begin to forgive your spouse. I interviewed Lois Haroldsen from loisharoldsen.com and LifeStar and she had some great things to say.

Go check it out for help in forgiving.




No comments:

Post a Comment