START HERE

START HERE!
If you came to my blog looking for a specific topic or area of my work, you may want to start by checking the page links above or by checking my topic list below and to the right.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

You don't even know... And I don't even know...


Look what I found! 



Yup, you read that right. "These beverages contain alcohol!" Those are small kid's drinks in a grocery store display.  Apparently no one likes the light blue and red flavors . . . or maybe those are the only one's with alcohol? 

Either way, this sign is pretty clear. There is no way its message can be misunderstood. The sign was put up by the store, an establishment I trust to give me information about its products. 

I'm not even sure that I need to follow its advice and "Please read the label carefully." If this says it has alcohol in it, it must be so.

I obviously know what is going on here.

I am informed.

I have seen it with my own two eyes.

And now I am spreading the information to make sure other people, such as you, know what is going on. 

But . . .


Sometimes all we see of a situation is a very small part of it. We think we know what is going on, because that small portion of what we see makes sense in our minds. And as humans we tend to apply our own experiences to it to help it make sense.

There are many times that I thought I knew what was going on in a situation, only to realize that I was only being shown a very small part of the picture. I think we all have to deal with this, probably every day in multiple different situations.

But being aware that you just probably don't know the whole picture, or what it is like to be in the whole picture or someone else's shoes, is very important. 





No comments:

Post a Comment